if i were an element, you'd find my picture next to [Au], fool.


Well, it’s official. I am now a certified balla, and I get to roll around in gold bling for a whole month (at least in PokerStars terms, which really means nothing and is utterly insignificant in the grand scheme of things). Anyway, I finished the month of February on what can only be described as a streak of complete and utter face-smashing of the 50NL game (20+ buyins in a week). Whether this is due to something about my game clicking, a massive streak of good luck, or a combination of both, I don’t really care; I’m not one to complain (sidenote: It could be that ever since I discovered the glorious video of Dora the Explorer doing the Chicken Noodle Soup dance on youtube that's been my pump up video... search it out and decide for yourself. Let it rain, bitches, let it rain). And if it makes the poker gods any happier, I am more than ready to do any sort of tribal dance or sacrificial offering to ensure that this streak continues. Cute little lambs and first born children beware – I’m out to beat last month’s results with 31 full days of domination in March (and maybe I’ll even go platinum… Prince, watch out). Below are my stats for last night, as well as some graphs and stats for my month of February. I’ll probably do a complete recap of the month once I sit down and analyze what in the hell happened as I’ve been too preoccupied with the whirlwind of winning mass buyins in large chunks to do an in depth review of my sessions.

Today: $362.80
Total Bankroll: $2,440.05
To Go: $13,559.95
Hands: 1286
ptbb/100: 28.21

Hand 1: http://www.pokerhand.org/?865521
Villain 1 (mcculloch227): 15.76 / 10.9 / 5.15 (165 hands)
Villain 2 (FoldyMcMuch): First hand at table; no history
Even though I missed the flop here and it's a 3way hand, I figured I'd take a stab at taking the pot down right here. Since this is how I'd play my big hands TT+ the bet was also to serve sort of as a protection for my big hands later (as talked about in sbrugby's latest CR video). I obviously didn't like 2 calls and was willing to just check/fold the turn. When the river hit me a K, I don't exactly know how I should react to the value bet since I'm getting just under 5:1 odds. I could see him doing this with a fairly wide variety of hands, and would say I'm probably ahead maybe 20-30% of the time (just my general feel at the time). Advice?



i amM0NIKER at 2:07 PM  

1 comments:

Anonymous said... March 7, 2007 at 10:24 AM  

February looked awesome Kevin, hopefully the success spills over into March as well. Keep at it!

Post a Comment